Office Manager position
Nordic Innovation House is the US headquarters for the Nordic Startup Community. Our concept allows members to have a presence in Silicon Valley and New York, providing our members with a "soft landing space" and a community of peers, partners, investors and service providers.
We are a unique collaboration between the five Nordic countries Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. Supported by Nordic Innovation and Nordic Council of Ministers, we share the mission of building a bridge between the Nordics and the US. We believe in Nordic technology, products and services and what the Nordics have to offer in a global scale.
Nordic Innovation House Silicon Valley (Palo Alto) is now looking for an Office Manager to join the active and fast moving Nordic community. Office Manager is an excellent entry level, contractor position, offering a great 360 view to both the Nordic and the Silicon Valley ecosystem.
The main responsibility is to organize and coordinate the house administration and procedures, in order to ensure efficiency and security of the NIH everyday activities, and to keep up the Nordic, professional and welcoming atmosphere.
House daily activities related tasks:
- Welcome and assist visitors and members,
- keep the office supplies stocked,
- ensure that the space is tidy and coffee pot loaded,
- be the "first responder" for house emergencies (printer, plumbing, AC, wifi etc.)
Back office services:
- develop internal communication,
- streamline administrative procedures,
- manage membership and mail forwarding agreements,
- administrate community tools (WorkPlace, Highrise, and the related shared Google Drive folders/documents),
- handle incoming mail and mail forwarding
The Office Manager also supports the Community Manager in reporting, social media and other communication activities, event organization etc.
The Office manager is a well-organized and flexible professional who does not mind wearing multiple hats. She / He is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative tasks pro-actively and enjoys supporting an office of diverse people and teams. The Office manager is self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision. Speaking Nordic language(s) is an advantage.
Additional details about the position:
- The Office Manager -role is a contractor position (not an employment), approximately 40 h/ week.
- The role demands daily on-site presence at Nordic Innovation House, Palo Alto, typically between 9am – 5pm, and also flexibility to work at evening events. Depending on schedule the weekly work hours are flexible.
- The contractor has to have an eligible work permit in the US.
- Expected starting day is between 1st August and 1st September 2018, or as separately agreed.
- The role pays 4500 USD/m
Please send your application by June 20th by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information:
Gro Eirin Dyrnes, Innovation Norway, Chairwoman of Nordic Innovation House Gro.Eirin.Dyrnes@innovasjonnorge.no
Paula Salomaa, Business Finland email@example.com