Practical information about TINC:
Below you find answers to some of the most common questions regarding if your start-up is ready, how to apply, what it costs and what the fee includes. Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
How do I apply?
When is the application deadline?
The application for fall batch of 2017 is May 22. The application date for Spring 2018 will be announced in due time.
Is my start-up ready?
Your start-up is ready for TINC if most of these descriptions fit you:
- You have a technology based start-up, working on a real problem for which you have a solution.
- You have high potential. We look for substantial market potential and scalable products.
- You have the entrepreneurial DNA. You are driven, open to learn, humble and able to execute.
- You are a part of the top management and/or founding teams. We recommend two people from each company
- You have momentum in the market/traction
- You have a product to work with: minimum a demo or product prototype
- You have a reason to be here: A strong desire to engage Silicon Valley to learn and to find partnerships, customers, investors and build valuable relationships and/or establish a US landing spot
- The timing fits: the right time to take four weeks to both focus on supercharging your business but also preparing yourself and your company for long-term sustainable growth.
- Financing allows: Your company have basic financing in place and is in a sound situation where you are able to validate and follow up from the program
What is the cost?
Because of the different reimbursement practices of different countries the cost for TINC Silicon Valley participation varies between countries. The exact fee information is available on the country-specific information/registration pages linked above. Travel, accommodation, insurance and living expenses during your stay are not included and are to be paid by the participants. Each company can send more than one participant, but every participant is required to pay the participation fee.
NOTE: this program is subsidized, and the fees represent only a portion of the total cost of the program.
What does the fee include?
The fee includes:
- A 2-day kick off in Oslo
- A 4-week program at Nordic Innovation House in Silicon Valley
- Workshops and mentor sessions with top Silicon Valley mentors and advisors
- Assistance in arranging meetings with relevant business contacts, investors and more
- Hot desk at Nordic Innovation House together with other entrepreneurs from the Nordic region
- Networking events and conferences